National Pageant Director Andhy Blake says " We're looking for young capable women who have beauty of face, figure and personality. They need to be passionate about community and charity work because it's just not about the glamour, it's about giving back and caring about the community you live in".
He also adds " This pageant is the first of it's kind in Fiji, it's going to be an eye - opener for the public and the girls who make it to the semi finals, it's a lot of hard work and sacrifice and you need to have the right attitude to be in this to take it all the way. So if you think you've got what it takes come down to the casting calls".
The winner of Miss World Fiji 2012 will represent Fiji at the Miss World pageant in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China in August.
If you're interested in attending the calls for casting here are some of the requirements:
- Must be a Fiji citizen or have Permanent Residence in Fiji.
- Must have a valid passport with more than 6 months validity at the time of travelling overseas.
- Must be a natural born female
- Single – not in a de – facto relationship, have neither been married or given birth.
- Should be within the age group of 17 – 24 (during her reigning year)
- Has beauty of face, figure and personality.
- Good moral character and good health to meet the job requirements.
- Familiar with social, economic and political issues both national and international and the culture and values of Fiji.
- Has adopted or willing to adopt a charity or community support organization.
- Completed at least secondary education (6th or 7th Form).
- Have one facial shot and full length photograph in either evening gown or swimsuit.
- No visible tattoos
The Miss World Fiji team wishes all the young ladies entering the best of luck and we hope to see at the castings.